Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sewing Frenzy

My mother in law (Beki) was here for a week and between the two of us I am now caught up (with both my quilting groups) and she is now ahead!  Here is mine for July!
Hope you like it Mom:)

Here is Beki's for August!
 (now that I watched her do hers, I'll be able to do mine much quicker-- yes, before the 31st!)
 & we got her quilt top completed excluding the border.
She used a white sashing for the rows but somehow we forgot to get a pic:(
The 2 other blocks not pictured are going to be matching throw pillows
 I'm SOOOOO PROUD of our group!  After trimming down our squares to get them all the same this is the pile of excess.  Not much- Yes, we novice quilters ROCK!


2 comments:

  1. I love Beki's quilt. IT looks great. What fun the two of you had together. You're both awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE had TONS of FUN!!! Of course not getting home till wee hours on Sunday and then school and work started Monday....have not had time to do much else but will try to get a pick of what it looked like when I left Arkansas! I so miss being there! I think if I lived nearby we would do LOTS of sewing, or you sew while I play with the kids, or both of us play and then cut and sew or both of us take the kids fun places and forget sewing... so many ways we would do it! I can't wait to finish the white around the outer borders and THEN the job of putting top to bottom with the batting in between, and THEN to actually quilt!!!! so wish our group could come together and do an actual quilting bee! that would be so awesome! Thanks, Georgia for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete