Monday, January 16, 2012

Hey Y'all!

Hey Y'all! Hope everyone has had a wonderful year- as we wrap things up I wanted to remind everyone that we do have 1 more block to do.  It is called the Dresden Plate and I will put it up as soon as I get the exact dimensions. Since we are halfway through Jan. I don't expect it by the end of the month just whenever you can:) 
Also, Marion- I finished your block or rather 2 cause I wasn't crazy about my first one and I'll post pics when my husband gets home (cause my camera is in his car).

Lastly, I wanted to share these pics with you of Beki's completed quilt!  She finished it for a friend of theirs/ours, the Hacketts.  The Hackett family has been friends with the Graham's for years and have always been more than generous toward us.  They let Joey and I use their condo on Mexico Beach, FL for our anniversary and their beach house and lakehouse on many other occasions.  Beki had the great idea to make this for them and when we presented it to Renee Hackett at Christmas she was in love with it.  I just received a thank-you card in the mail from her and wanted to share it with y'all- "thank you so much!"  Thanks to your club and family/friends this is something I will always treasure. my goodness- it's wonderful!"  Hope this gives you all the 'warm fuzzies' like it did me when we gave it to her and when I got the note in the mail.  I love our little group.
Thanks for making this an awesome year!

2 comments:

  1. Beki, your quilt looks nice. I bet the Hackett's loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Rachel for posting this and sharing her Thank you card. Renee Hackett LOVED this so much she can't get over that someone would make anything like this for her, all the time and effort it took. She keeps saying that....it is what came out of her mouth as she opened and realized what she had in her hands. But I keep telling her, why wouldn't anyone? Especially someone who loves you!

    I worked with a lady in our ward who should open her own quilt shop her quilts are amazing! ! She made our former Stake Presidency each a quilt with as many signatures from stake families as she could get and made them in to three amazing quilts to present them when they were released! Well, she came over and taught me how to layer it together....using that amazing spray, and she had the idea to cut the back you see above and add the strip of white she said she uses that all the time adds interest and in my case gave me enough material to use the wrap around binding rather than the sew on binding technique. It was a FUN project from start to finish. Once I was committed to the club, as soon as I began thinking of what month, what pattern, and the thought to do something for our long time most generous friends, the rest was easy and fun! The presentation was awesome....wish you ALL could have been there!!!

    THANK YOU Rachel for the idea, the fun, all the work you did and support for me and us and thanks to you all for helping make my quilt so wonderful a gift! For those who sent me extra or a late one, I will either make pillows to give Renee later OR I loved the beach themed quilts so much I might just make me one!!!

    And lastly, I owe the last two squares: due to several issues one of them being continuous/continuing computer problems I have been unable to access the site and get the info/patterns thanks To Rachel for helping me reconnect by re-sending the site a few times! I hope to have the squares off by the end of this month!!!! Sorry to be so late! Thanks again! Happy Valentines and hope you all are off to a wonderful NEW YEAR!!!!---beki

    ReplyDelete