Monday, January 31, 2011

Rachel II


NAME: Rachel Smith Loerts (Abigail's little sister)

WHERE DO YOU LIVE: Prairie Grove, Arkansas (work in Fort Smith and Fayetteville) Most interesting places I have lived are Rome and Mexico City. Los Angeles and some in between too.

HOBBIES: My hobbies are really my work, so I feel blessed. I am an Architect Intern (my license in less than a year if all goes well) so I am constantly reading design blogs and periodicals. I am looking at turning some design interests into hobbies (i.e. textile design into quilt making!). I do draw an awful lot with graphite, pen, and sometimes watercolors. Since I just got married in July 2010 and bought a house in Dec. 2010, my hobbies lately are learning to cook, designing awesome interiors, and executing the designs with my husband's construction skills.

SEWING EXPERIENCE: Novice. I, like Abigail, grew up with sewing around me my whole life. We had handmade outfits and prom dresses and most recently got to design my wedding dress which my mother sewed. (See picture. It was the best pic of the dress I had access to today) Being a new homemaker has induced a sense of urgency to learning how to make new things, like curtains! Abigail and I made many the pajama pant and pillow in high school so I can thread a machine and sew a straight line...... I think I am better at design concepts of sewing so I want to be able to MAKE.

WHAT IS YOUR BEST FEATURE: my "pea" or "pee" yellow/green eyes that change color

WHAT CRAZY THING DO YOU WANT TO TRY: I want to open my own DIY shop and sell local handmade items. I would also love to start a fashion/design house with my sisters and bff LRat

WHAT MAKES YOU PANIC: I panic too much to know what causes it!

4 comments:

  1. hi sister! love you! another one of your best features is probably the junk in the trunk...just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you!! I love your wedding dress, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree! Your wedding dress is so pretty!!! Glad you're joining us;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet everyone too! Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete