Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Intro

Me and my baby, Ilo

Name: I'm Robyn Allen (Marion's daughter)

Where Do You Live? Currently I live in Colorado, and I love it! I grew up in east Texas, spent my freshman year of college in Missouri, then lived in Utah for 3 years before moving here.

Hobbies: Floral Design, Skiing/Snowboarding (well still learning the snowboarding part) crafting, keeping up with my craft blog, Something Pretty, sewing, re-vamping thrift store clothes, shopping for sales!

Sewing Experience: I grew up with a mom who could sew anything and everything. When I was younger I had no interest in learning how to sew, and never took advantage of learning my mother's skills. I started making alterations and mending clothes about 3 years ago when I received my grandmother's sewing machine. After getting married I have sort of taught myself to sew, of course with much needed guidance from my mom over the phone. I have yet to cut out a pattern and sew it, but I hope to soon learn. My latest accomplishment was a gathering stitch to create a ruffle!

What is Your Best Feature? Well according to my husband he said the top 3 are 1st eyes, 2nd smile, and 3rd, and I quote, "big boobies!" I agree with the eyes part.

What Crazy Thing Do You Want to Try? I have secretly always wanted to try out for America's Next Top Model. I also would love to own a little flower and craft shop that is run out of an old Victorian style home. I haven't thought about this at all have I??

What Makes You Panic? I am extremely claustrophobic, so no small spaces or having my legs trapped. So things that make me panic...revolving doors, airplane seats, crowded trams, tight bedsheets, knee boarding...and the list goes on.

***I grew up with Rachel and Rosanne in Texas and we were all in each others weddings. I also got to know their cousin Rochelle pretty well when she would visit them during the summer. I just wish we all lived closer to each other, but this quilting bee is going to be a great way to keep in touch!


3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow Ilo has gotten HUGE! I love your something pretty blog I'm always telling my friends about it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're are considered a walking miracle due to your proportions remember? (yeah that was like 10 years ago and how I remember some of this stuff is beyond me!) I wish I had half the talent you do with crafts! They are so great - and I love your floral designs too! I'm glad you are doing this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robyn!!! I am so glad you are doing this with us, I also follow your craft blog and I love all of your floral designs, you are so talented!! I love you pic!

    ReplyDelete