Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Introduction



My Introduction


NAME: Rosanne Boyd


WHERE DO YOU LIVE: Pennsylvania Currently (UT, TX)

HOBBIES: Most of my time is taken up by taking care of my 7 month old baby boy, Jordan, but when I have a spare moment I like to sew, make any crafts, Movie nights with the hubby and spending time with friends and family.

SEWING EXPERIENCE: I started sewing in 10th grade - when I took an interior design and apparel class and we had to sew an article of clothing to pass. I ended up getting Student of the Year in that class-- Whoo Hoo..lol I actually didn't sew again until about 4 years ago when I met a lady in Utah who was an incredible sewer and mentor to me. I have been sewing ever since and have made close to a dozen quilts and many other crafts that involve sewing. I love sewing and the lady that taught me everything I know was a perfectionist so I will try to keep her advice in mind so I can make you guys nice looking blocks.

WHAT IS YOUR BEST FEATURE: My eyes - This is the only part of my body that I am happy with at the moment. (Or that has not been damaged by the wonderful miracle of child birth! - It was worth it though :)

WHAT CRAZY THING DO YOU WANT TO TRY: I'm not exactly a "trying crazy things" kinda person but I think it would be fun to own my own craft/quilting store one day.

WHAT MAKES YOU PANIC: To think of anything happening to by baby.

Rachel is my sister and I love her!

7 comments:

  1. So glad you will be here in Utah for half of this so you can pass on your "perfectionist" advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember go easy on us beginners this first month:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, I must have given the impression that I am really good at this, but I am not! I try, but far from "good at it!" Anyways, I am super excited and trust me I have to complete the block too so It won't be too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to totally rely on your expertise. I know how good you are and you have my sewing machine!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I know, I was hoping you didn't want it back..lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want it back that gives me a good excuse to have you help me and also to get a new machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa...almost 12 quilts!? I am getting a little nervous about this now.

    ReplyDelete